Corporate and M&A
AMBOS’s Corporate team consists of highly experienced corporate lawyers with a vast track record, in-depth market knowledge and profound industry experience. We advise and represent both national and international companies, private and publicly held, in all aspects of their business dealings. We develop tailor-made solutions adapted to our clients’ needs based on our excellent understanding of their business, while respecting their entrepreneurial and cultural backgrounds.
Our corporate practice includes, amongst others, the following practices:
- Capital markets: we advise and assist our clients on a wide range of equity capital market transactions, such as IPOs (Initial Public Offerings), secondary rights offerings, warrant issues, private placements, public offers, delistings and share buyback programs. Furthermore, we assist our clients in all regulatory and compliance aspects involved with a listing on capital markets (i.e. NYSE Euronext Brussels) on a daily basis.
- Corporate law and governance: we work closely with our clients on matters related to all corporate law subjects. Our lawyers have extensive and in-depth experience guiding our clients through evolving Belgian and foreign regulations and best practices in board and committee operations, director responsibilities, shareholder relations and management participation or employee stock option plans, as well as the practical application of these standards in the context of specific business activities.
- Corporate restructuring and reorganisations: we provide innovative, practical legal solutions to clients involved in distressed company situations or clients wishing to restructure their organisation. We represent troubled companies, their boards, management, owners, creditors and investors, in handling restructuring processes in and out of court, with recapitalisations and business reorganisations. We can also help our clients take advantage of opportunities that may arise such as acquisitions or sales of distressed companies’ assets.
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances: our extensive experience in advising on implementing, operating and dissolving both domestic and international joint ventures or other strategic alliances enables us to help our clients to create structures that foster the long-term success of these complex and evolving relationships.
- Merges & Acquisitions: M&A transactions are at the core of our work as corporate lawyers. Our corporate team has outstanding experience and skills to handle all aspects of M&A transactions such as defining strategy, coordinating data rooms, due diligence, structuring transactions, negotiations, drafting contracts, auctions, project management, reinvestment structures and shareholder agreements. Our excellent transaction capability is reinforced by the support provided by experts in our other departments.
- Private Equity & Venture Capital: Our PE and VC practice assists our clients on all PE matters going from fund formation and capital raising through investment activities and portfolio management to exits. Our VC lawyers represent venture capital and corporate strategic investors in start-up, early-stage and growth stage companies. Our lawyers work closely with entrepreneurs during all stages of the company lifecycle.
- Corporate litigation: Our corporate litigation team combines specialist knowledge of corporate law with expertise in the fields of amicable settlement, mediation, litigation and arbitration.