Roel Nieuwdorp (°1943), senior counsel, assists domestic and foreign companies setting-up and implementing corporate governance structures. He assists in negotiations and setting-up acquisition structures and participations of private equity funds and investors. He also advises listed companies on their particular issues. He is an expert in company law and shares his knowledge and expertise at the Universiteit Antwerpen as a part-time lecturer in their Master after Master Program in Business law.
He started off as a teaching assistant at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and has then pursued a career with several law firms. He holds a PhD. in law from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (1966) and a LL.M. from the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia (1969).
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, LL.M. (1969)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Dr. Iuris (1966)
- Partner, AMBOS (2010)
- Partner, NBGO-Lex Advocaten, Brussels (2009-2010)
- Partner, Loyens & Loeff (Brussels) (2001-2008)
- Partner, De Bandt, Van Hecke, Lagae (currently Linklaters) (? 2001)