Banking and Finance
Many of our clients are active in the financial sector. AMBOS lawyers particularly advise banks, payment services providers (PSPs), pension funds, insurance companies, reinsurers, asset managers, private equity houses and hedge funds. We also provide advice and guidance to start-up FinTech companies, helping them to build out their business models and operations, addressing a wide range of legal, business and regulatory issues.
AMBOS continuously strives to enhance the knowledge and understanding of our clients’ business activities and markets in order to improve the services we offer. Our team provides guidance and support in the ever-increasing complex regulatory environment in which clients operate and help protect them from regulatory risk.
Banking and Finance Team
Our AMBOS lawyers often come from or have been seconded to the types of financial businesses we advise. As a result, their knowledge of these businesses and their regulatory and economic system is second to none.
The Finance team combines our expertise in specialised fields such as:
- capital markets
- mergers & acquisitions
- leveraged finance
- banking litigation
- market abuse
- financial supervision and regulation
We advise and successfully guide financial institutions with:
- payment institution (PI) license / registration applications
- electronic money institutions (ELMI) license / registration applications
- AML/CFT, PSD, EMD and/or MiFID regulation and compliance
- limited network exemptions (LNE) applications and compliance
- EU passporting issues
Banking and Finance Services
AMBOS’s Finance team advises on all aspects of financing transactions and financial advice, including the following
- Capital markets: issuing bonds, commercial papers, medium term notes, convertibles, warrants, depository receipts and other securities
- Regulatory banking & finance: anti-money laundering, financial supervision and regulation, private and public offerings of securities, including advice on selling restrictions
- Financial transactions: (private) bond issues, convertibles, warrants, leveraged and acquisition finance (including senior, mezzanine and subordinated debt and high yield bonds), asset finance, various types and forms of derivatives (including interest rate, currency, credit, equity, commodity, insurance and other swaps and options), repos and stock lending
- Disputes: guidance in different disputes